Working Holiday Visas

Working Holiday Visas

A working holiday in the US can be achieved with an Exchange Visa (J visa). There are a number of exchange visa programs that specifically accommodate students and recent graduates wanting to work and travel in the US for up to 12 months.

Working Holiday Visa Entitlements

The Working Holiday Visa provides great flexibility in allowing applicants to engage in various activities during their stay in the United States, including, tourism, travel throughout to all 50 states, attendance to festivals, conferences, or conventions, and visits with friends and family. In addition, you may also engage in short-term study during your stay. An extension may be permitted for Working Holiday participants for up to 30 days for travel at the end of their program. Also, an extension may be permitted for an additional 6, 9, 12 or 18 month term.

Spouses and children of Working Holiday participants are entitled to apply for a dependent visa and accompany the principal to the United States. In addition, spouses and children may study in the United States without applying for a study permit; however they will not be permitted to work without applying for employment authorization.

Working Holiday Visa Requirements

The Working Holiday Visa basic requirements include being at least 18 years of age and a student. Part-time and high school students are ineligible. In addition, applicants must show sufficient funds to support themselves during their stay and have adequate medical insurance coverage. Applicants will also be required to meet certain criminal, character and medical requirements.

Please hold while your application is being analyzed.